Monday, April 11, 2011

Randomness 2

Why do people promise you one thing and then do another? For example, a person in one of my networks says he wants me to be his graphic designer then a week or two later announces at a meeting he is getting new brochures made by another graphic designer.

Really? So what's the deal? Do I stink? Do I not laugh at your jokes enough? Maybe I laugh too much? I know my work is stellar so that can't be why. But why be just a big ol' fat flake about this? Don't ask me to join your network and then build up these promises and then not deliver. It's bull.

Yea, I'm mad about it. And it's times like these that I honestly HATE networking. I don't make promises I can't keep. I don't give people false hope. But you wouldn't believe how many people say "I'll call you tomorrow about this." Or "Oh my gosh I so totally want to do xyz" and then nothing. DON'T make promises. DON'T tell me one thing and then do nothing. STOP being a flake in business.

Well crap. I really didn't want to vent about my business on this blog but that's just part of life I guess, so whatever. Sometimes I just want to crawl up in a ball and never put myself out there. Sometimes I wish I could just be a beach bum and live in Belize or somewhere. (There's not so many hurricane there, well, actually Costa Rica would be better).

Actually, just the other day Rick and I talked about packing our stuff up and moving to South America somewhere. We even talked about learning Spanish. We are thinking of taking a class. I'm so lucky to have a man who doesn't mind putting up with my crap and my nagging. I don't mean to nag but there are about 5 days out of the month in which I do and we live through it. Rick is a great guy. Love him so much. He's the kind of guy that does not dance but will go to a dance club with friends so that I can dance. Everybody say "awww."

Speaking of friends. Went to a fantastic party at the Hemphill's. Joel cooked up some delicious brisket and sausage and frijoles. Everything was so good I could have ate all night long!! Got to sing karaoke with my singing buddies, Tamo, Mark, Wendy, Jimmy, Nikki, Maria, and dance and laugh. I love partying with these friends. They really know how to raise your spirits!!!

I love karoking. I sing Lady Gaga songs pretty darn well. At our Halloween party last year, I was dressed like Medusa. Half way through the night, I asked Joel to play three Lady Gaga songs in a row. I went upstairs and put on my Lady Gaga outfit. When the first song began playing I came down the stairs singing her song and put on a little show!! Everybody seemed to really enjoy it!! I'd so do it again. Imagine a long haired fat Gaga. LOL Oh here's a pic so you don't have to imagine it. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment