Friday, January 7, 2011

It's Hammer Time!!!

Last week I get the call from our kitchen cabinet guy that he is ready to install. I'm like "Yay! I'm ready! Next Wednesday? Cool!!! Let's do it!"

Hang up the phone.

"Oh geez! I'm not ready!!!"

I still have to buy knobs and drawer pulls. A faucet! And oh yes, EVERYTHING has to come out of the cabinets. It's not like this is a surprise or anything, I knew this was going to happen, just now it's really happening! Thursday I had a strategic partner cancel on me so I decided to use that time to start clearing out cabinets. I turned the music on to a high spirited music station (the stuff kids listen to these days) and I wiggle my butt to the sound of the beat as I start clearing the counter tops and island.

I go for some time and I think, man this is a lot of crap! I bet I've been at this for 90 minutes or so. I looked at the clock and I'm barely 30 minutes into it. Oh this is going to be a long one! I'm emptying a lower cabinet and because of how I was sitting I lost feeling in my foot and I started to feel sorry for myself until I thought about Christy who just moved her entire house over the holidays! Oh, yea, I had NOTHING to complain about.

I kept at it while Ke$ha and Bruno and Usher and Tao Cruz sang and no my butt didn't wiggle as much but I did get it all done within 2 hours.

So here we are on Demo Day! Rick starts without me and knocks down the island. I clean up and we are done in an hour. So far so good. We will take the cabinets down tomorrow so that Rick can work outside today before the snow comes.


I'm about to run to Lowes and Home Depot to look at kitchen faucets and cabinet knobs and drawer pulls. Also a fancy smanshy light to replace the builders light over the table. By the way, that is going away and we will have two club chairs their instead. When it's all said and done, it's going to be so cafe-loungy-bistro chic I'll have to start charging at the door!

The best part about all this is the cats' new discovery... empty cabinets. Man, they are hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment